• Image Size:
Landscape Format maximum 1400(w) by 1050(h) pixels.
Square Format maximum 1050(w) by 1050(h) pixels.
Portrait format maximum 1050(h) and up to a maximum of 1400(w) pixels.
• You do not need a canvas around your image to make up the above sizes.
• Colour spec = SRGB. File Format = jpeg.
• When saving your image as a jpeg, use maximum quality setting.
Mounts and Printed Images
• Mounts size - 50 by 40 cm.
• Mounts colours – “judge’s preferences” tends towards white, off-white, cream, or black.
• Print image within the mount can be any size providing of course it fits within the mount!
• Do not use masking tape to attached printed image to mount. This type of tape can peel off damaging member’s prints and/or mounts within the print box.
• Do not use “easily removed” sticky labels on the mount. These can peel off damaging member's print and/or mounts within the print box.
• Write image title on the back of mount (suggest pencil).
• With abstract prints mark which way is up on back of mount.
• Please supply digital jpg images of all prints submitted. Format of dpi's as per above.
DPI File Name
• Mxx - Title.jpg, where Mxx is your membership number : e.g. M04 - The Tree.jpg.
• For the Master Photographers Competition dpi title changes to the following:
Mxx - (X) - Title.jpg, where “(X)” is the subject of the image, e.g.:
(L) for Landscape, (Cu) for Close-up, (Cr) for Creative, (An) for Animal, etc….: e.g.
M07 - (Cu) - Tree Stump.jpg
Print File Name
• Write title on the back of the mount, no membership number, : e.g. The Car Race.
• File name digital jpg image of print: Mxx - Title.jpg, e.g. M10 - The Car Race.jpg
• For the Master Photographers Competition print title changes to the following:
(X) - Title.jpg, where “(X)” is the subject of the image, e.g.: e.g. (L) - Instow
• File name digital jpg image of print: Mxx - (L) - Title.jpg, e.g. M34 - (L) - Instow.jpg
Club Competition Rules